Our Vision is to build a strong, resilient, productive and healthy population in the Masoyi tribal region and wider community, and in doing so to serve as an effective Christian Community project Home Based Care model that can be duplicated throughout Africa.
Masoyi Home Based Care is a Christian organization dedicated to providing care and support to the sick, orphaned, vulnerable and destitute in the wider community, including those infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS. We are committed to improving the lives of those in our community by addressing their physical, emotional and spiritual needs and by helping to them develop economic independence.
- We are dedicated to Christian principles of unconditional love, compassion, patience and perseverance.
- We encourage a holistic approach to care and support.
- We promote community ownership of our work, and self-reliance.
- We believe in the worth and dignity of all patients.
- We have confidence in the potential and the power of our youth.
- We are aware of and sensitive to the local culture.
- We respect all people regardless of religion, race or culture.
- The early identification of orphaned and vulnerable children needing immediate intervention.
- Where possible, to provide psychosocial support, food security, secure housing, and access to education; or to provide services according to the needs of the child.
- To equip young people with knowledge and skills that will enable them to role model healthy lives, to uplift the community, and to become economically independent. To this end, we support Government employment initiatives that fit our Mission.
- To provide palliative care, nursing support and access to health services through home visits to the sick, and to support Government health initiatives.
- To strategize all the structures of Masoyi Home Based Care in order to enhance the quality of the service and carefully evaluate the Masoyi Home Based Care Project in order to give direction for future initiatives.
- To foster a spirit of teamwork across the organization.
Watchword: “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1